Sunday, September 25, 2011

Or Card


Outside Reading Card: I think I deserve a 3 for my effort in trying to capture the theme of the book in my outside reading card as I show a man dressed in a rabbit costume and little girls near him. I even chose the text to match the theme of the book and also coordinated the main colors of the O.R. Card to blend with the emotions that follow in the book since it is based on a childhood of a girl and how it changed her life. My conflict and resolution show how Rhonda embraced her fear of the world by getting the chance to speak out after witnessing Ernie's kidnapping. She experiences a coming of age from losing her best friend Lizzie being abducted as a child to years later having a chance to actually get to the bottom of the crime when Ernie disappeared. My quote matched the theme of the story which is to never let go, just as Rhonda never forgot Lizzie and how her experience inspired her to help find Ernie. I portrayed the story of the book well by how I explained it through my conflict and resolution with accurate & supporting details that expresses the major insight of the novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment