Monday, September 6, 2010

"My Special Place"

Where do you go to think?
When i need space to think or whenever I feel like I need some time to myself after a bad day at school or when something is bothering me, I go to Saint Theresa Catholic School in Kalihi and walk around for awhile. It was my middle school, full of good laughs, great times, and so much of my favorite memories. I go there because it helps me to connect with myself whenever I feel lost. I love it when the younger grades come to greet me when I visit because it reminds me of how lucky I am to have so many friends that care, and also because they can be so supportive and extremely helpful whenever I need a shoulder to cry on or a good laugh after a long day no matter how big the situation might be. At times when I feel like being alone, I would go the back stairs of the school and play songs off my phone. Other times when i need a place to just reflect on things, I would sit on the small wall next to the 1st grader's garden and wait until a refreshing gust of wind comes and brushes through my face because for some reason, it makes me smile. And before I leave, I always look back at the Saint Theresa Statue in front of the school, because to me, it looks as if she's smiling and waving goodbye, it gives me this warm feeling inside! There is so much things I can say about this place, I never get bored going back to visit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment